Re: [MV] M-1009 Block Heater

From: Jeff Gatton (jdgatton@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Nov 07 2004 - 06:49:35 PST

Is this the type of block heater which is installed in
a freeze plug hole? If so, keep reading. If not,
never mind and have a good day.

The stud is attached to a spreader bar on the back
side, which spreads out when tightened and wedges it
in the freeze plug hole. The electrial is all sealed.
 Be very careful not to tighten it too tight, or you
will break the bolt, and the spreader bar can/will
fall inside your block (I speak from experience!).
Also when you take out the old block heater, just
loosen the bolt a few turns, then twist the whole
heater back and forth to wiggle it out. Do not
totally remove the bolt.

Jeff Gatton
Saucier, MS