Windshield R&R and Body dipping prices**

From: Michael S. Nichols (m.s.nichols@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Nov 08 2004 - 08:00:08 PST

Hello from Atlanta GA 30306. Just wanted to pass on a few recent prices I
have encountered here in Atlanta for work I hope to have done to my '72
M151A2 project. UnPaint, the chemical derust dipping/stripping folks here
in downtown Atlanta, quoted $1.40 per pound to dip the A2 body. This dipped
clean body comes back needing rinsing and drying before priming and
painting, with transportation to and from UnPaint my responsibility.
I also got two quotes to remove my old windshield gasket and glass from the
A2 windshield frame and reinstall the old glass with an NOS gasket in my
frame. Both quotes: $85.00 with no guarantee on the glass.
I am trying to do and get good quality work done on my M151A2 without paying
too much.

Regards,

Mike Nichols
Member GA MVPA