Re: [MV] M151 Running better, but

From: Jack (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Tue Nov 09 2004 - 08:15:10 PST

I have now found all the obvious air leaks around
carb. thanks to suggestions from our people here.

So it does run better, especially at mid range, but
its still not quite right: Idle screw still does not
have desired effect. Engine vibrates more than it
should at idle..I would call this a hard idle feel.
Can't idle and keep it running below 500 rpms.

When I pulled the float bowl off this hollow brass rod
fell out...oops, now where did that come from? lol

The tube that fell out has this sort of barrel shape
on the end that seems to conform to the diameter of
the hole next to the fixed tube in the center of the
carb body.

Now it seems like it fits with the barrel end up into
the carb housing (least thats the way it went back in)
and has (make that had) a gasket under the barrel
part. Least I think it was a gasket cause it fell
apart and wasn't much left, so I cut an "O" shaped
gasket, slide it over the skinny part of the tube
before placing the rod back in the housing, where it
seems to fit.

QUESTION:

Was it supposed to have a gasket there?

Now wondering if I put the tube back right? Barrel
end of tube sticks out of carb body just oh maybe a
1/64 of so?

Next. I notice its hard to start once warmed up and
shut off for a few minutes. Wasn't that way before I
pulled the carb apart. I had to push it yesterday to
get it to fire up, but it did real quick that way.
Seems like it turns over slow? Is that common with
Mutts or should it spin fast like you would expect of
a normal car starter? Checking batteries later today.

The fun continues.... As always TIA!!!!