...the bottom line

From: everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Nov 15 2004 - 04:52:52 PST

I have been involved with trucks and trucking my entire working life and
Joe's post is exactly right -

 I once sent service truck 200 miles one way to replace cracked reflector on
side of trailer, I think because driver made smart a** remark to scale
operator when asked what his load was -

 it was big load of foam plastic blocks and open top trailer filled to max
height and tarped weighed just a few hundred pounds.

further in this line of discussion, I have friend who operates towing
service and he does lots of impound work for local highway scales, fellows
who choose to ignore - and worse yet try a route that bypasses scales and
get caught

Everette

"