Re: [MV] STATE LAWS

From: Dan Maguire (dmaguire@mchsi.com)
Date: Mon Nov 15 2004 - 12:20:47 PST

Thanks Gene, that is a great site.

The group might find the Indiana statute regarding lifelong free
unplated military vehicle registration to be interesting. It is at:

http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/code/title9/ar18/ch14.html

When I first saw it sometime back, I was not sure if it was intended for
the government or enthusiasts. The mention of antique plate
registration as an alternative, though, makes it for enthusiasts.

Most law enforcement officers and BMV personnel are unaware of this law,
so I go the $25/vehicle for the antique plates for my two military
vehicles. I consider it insurance against getting stopped every 5 miles
to discuss state vehicle registration codes.

Dan
Auburn, IN