registration and laws

From: Ghille (ghille@wcc.net)
Date: Wed Nov 17 2004 - 16:48:44 PST

Well, this was a first for me. It's been flooding here, so I decided to
take my Deuce to work. On my way to lunch, the local sheriff pulled me over
and told me I was not allowed to drive my truck on the highway. In Texas,
you can register a truck as a former military vehicle and opt not to have
license plates. (just use your bumper numbers.) You can also opt not to
carry insurance on the truck either. I explained all of this to him, and he
said he had never seen anything like this before and wrote me out a ticket
for no registration and no insurance. I am in the process of getting copies
of all of the paperwork to fight it, but I was not given normal registration
papers, and the inspection place kept my no insurance affidavit. Anybody
else been through this?

"Today you are freer than ever to do what you want, provided you can pay for
it."
Greg Graffin

---