Re: [MV] Mutt Engine Problem

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Wed Nov 17 2004 - 19:19:17 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sonny Heath" <sonny@defuniak.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 9:28 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] Mutt Engine Problem

> Its got to where you can't say anything on this list without being
attacked
> by someone who think they know it all and probably know nothing. It
> happened to me just recently in a number of offlist emails and the
> individual accused me of attempting to cause great financial and other
harm
> to a friend of his and all I said was what I would do in a given
situation.
> It wasn't advice at all nor was I making any suggestion one way or the
other
> as to what the person should do.

Don't sweat it. It's happened to me and a few others I know of too, so
maybe think of this place as a meeting room - and that sort of nonsense as a
particularly unattractive bit of wallpaper. After awhile you just learn to
spend your attentions elsewhere in the room and soldier on.

(Personality clashes are always inevitable too, and have this horrible habit
of amplifying simple problems/misunderstandings into full blown trench
warfare. It's all incredibly dumb, but unfortunately seems an inseparable
component of the species. :)