Re: [MV] registration and laws

From: Patrick Jankowiak (recycler@swbell.net)
Date: Wed Nov 17 2004 - 19:46:04 PST

Depends on who's brother in law it is.. I am such an optimist.

One thing I would consider is the premise of the licensing as
taken from the TXDOT web site, upon which you could be challenged
in court:

"Former Military Vehicle License Plate"

"Former military plates are issued to vehicles including
trailers, regardless of the vehicle’s size, weight or year of
manufacture that was manufactured for use in any country’s
military forces and is maintained to accurately represent its
military design and markings. The vehicle must be used
exclusively for exhibitions, club activities, parades, or other
functions of public interest and not used for regular
transportation. The vehicle may not carry advertising."

This being said, which part of the statement fits best what you
were doing? It's a very broad statement. I have yet to find it in
the statutes.

Patrick