Re: Ebay vendors...

From: Michael S. Nichols (m.s.nichols@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 09:20:50 PST

Hello from Atlanta GA. The slimiest vendor seller I have ever encountered
is "Powerwagonparts" owner Jaimie Thepes (sic), who has M880 items up on
Ebay constantly. I was the only bidder on an NOS M880 aluminum front grill
at starting bid of $29.00 plus shipping. Well, when I won the auction, the
seller told me that the grill did not come with a cardboard box, and he
would not make a box or put it in a cardboard box. He did offer to take
the grill to Mailboxes Inc/UPS shipping for them to box and ship it IF I
called and prepaid the shipping cost with the store . I called the
Mailboxes Inc. store he would take it to and they quoted me at least $65.00
to box and ship the 5 lb. grill. Keep in your head that this gentleman
sells these grills on his website for $250.00 plus. I refused to authorize
the $65.00 plus rip off shipping or purchase the bait and switch M880 grill.
End result, we both filed negative feedback, and he threatened to sue me.
Gee, what is the court of proper jurisdiction and venue??? My only
negative feedback, sob, sob,.......

Regards,

Mike Nichols
GA MVPA