Re: [MV] Highway truck scales

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Fri Nov 19 2004 - 16:06:12 PST

The gas model is rated at 12,465 net weight (w/o w) and 12,880 (ww)

Payload is 10,350, highway

Gross weight is therefore 23, 230.

Please be advised that these are for the gasoline-powered M35. I do not have
the weights for the diesel-powered truck at hand.

The truck in the M35 series that is spec'd with the highest unladen weight
is the Wrecker, Medium, M108 at 19,785, but its rated highway load is 3,850,
giving it a GVW of 23,635, still way below the 26,000 pound plateau.

No 2.5-ton gasoline-powered truck in the series has a GVW above 26,000.

This info is from TM 9-8022/ TO dated 1954. Hope this helps.

apb