Re: [MV] Link to an interesting court case

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sat Nov 20 2004 - 08:24:21 PST

I should have read Alan's post before responding to Jeff :-) My limited
understanding is that Alan is correct. A buddy and I not bidding on the
same item at the same time is no different than two guys being in a large
public auction, sitting next to each other, and not raising a hand if the
buddy does. It is common practice and it is more designed to not have
friends going at each other's throats than it is to control the price of
the bidding (which is impossible on eBay).

Steve