EBay bidders working together?

From: Michael S. Nichols (m.s.nichols@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Nov 20 2004 - 16:35:04 PST

Hello from Atlanta, Ga 30306. Ebay bidders having an arrangement? Wait a
minute, are these bidders high rollers who plan to fix interstate shipping
rates, or Bill Gates of Microsoft fighting Linux, or what? I cannot imagine
folks agreeing to "pass" at an auction because Bubba wants the item up for
bid, and he does not want to pay market bid price plus for it.... We are
not talking the Hope diamond here, because those folks are using Sotheby's
and not Ebay! If two folks are after a lawnmower---wait, a USMC lawnmower
(required MV content)--- and they talk first about who wants it more, so be
it.
I would love to see folks agree to not bid so Bubba could get a deal...there
is no honor among theives, but these folks are not theives, just people
trying (pretending?) to work things out. However if one of them is crazy
and rich, and the other one wants the item and does not want to pay too
much, do you really think the crazy and rich bidder will sit on his hands
and do nothing? Hmmmmm...

Regards,

Mike Nichols
Member GA MVPA