Re: [MV] Link to an interesting court case

From: JEFF HAIN-MATSON (flmv@flmv.net)
Date: Sun Nov 21 2004 - 06:29:42 PST

Your still missing the point, collusion, between 2 or more people (whether it
is to keep the price low, or run the price up) no matter how many potential
bidder there are is illegal!! By the way this is part of U.S. Anti Trust law.
That is why it takes a large dollar value to get the government attention to
prosecute.
There is however no wiggle room according to the law. It is illegal!!
In the end you can believe what you want, pretend to be ignorant of the law
and learn an expensive lesson some day if you are un lucky!!
I, on the other hand saw what happened in the mid 90's to honest surplus
dealers, and how much it cost them to prove they were honest. From this I
have learned a valuable lesson.

jeff

--
JEFF HAIN-MATSON