RE: [MV] Word to the wise...

From: Joe Garrett (j.garrett@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Nov 22 2004 - 14:51:42 PST

Everybody please add a remote starter switch to your tool box if you are
going to do this kind of thing. It is a momentary switch with two wires
ending in small alligator clips. You clip the alligator clips to the posts
on the starter and then, when you are 3 or 4 feet away, you press the switch
button. If you have connected to the wrong posts, instead of starting a
fire, you simply ruin your $10 remote starter switch. And an added benefit
is that you don't hit you head on the hood trying to get away from the
sparks. And you don't ruin your 24 volt starter by arc welding the posts.

Joe Garrett