Re: [MV] OT - Bradley's fighting in Fallujah

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Nov 23 2004 - 21:27:18 PST

At 11:54 PM -0500 11/23/04, Steve Grammont wrote:
> >You got your "Dig" in again Steve.
>
>If by "Dig" you mean a balanced assessment of what is going on, I'll take
>that as a complement :-)
>
>Our troops are doing amazing things under horrible conditions that they
>should not be facing. We lost Fallujah because we didn't have the troops
>to hold it and everything else at the same time.

Heh, tell that to the Marine who's father I work
with at CNN. His father related to me Matt's take
on the situation in Fallujah in round 1. "they
had the city by the nut sack with every
intersection locked down and every major point
guarded and covered. They pulled out not because
they were too exposed, but because the
international community was complaining about the
collateral damage.

> Now we finally retook
>it at great cost. I hope we don't make the same mistake twice, yet
>without more troops in theater I'm not sure how that can be done.

Great cost? While I don't take the casualties
lightly, our boys did it far better than they did
in the Hurtgenwald, Koln, Aachen, Hue City, or
any number of other urban or close terrain
operations. Those lads are highly trained, highly
motivated and have done a bang up job.

--
--
Ryan Gill              rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |                   |         -==----
   |s|\        /|s|   |s|/BSV 575\|s|   |x|-\|     |/-|x|
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)