Syncros and Marines

From: Winget William A Contractor CIV JTFCS J5 (William.Winget@jtfcs.northcom.mil)
Date: Wed Nov 24 2004 - 05:44:48 PST

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED
If Syncros have to spin up the gear clusters to allow gears to shift without clashing, wouldn't speeding up the transmission gears with the engine by double clutching accomplish the same WITH less wear to the (usually) brass syncros?

Doesn't make any sense to me that double clutching would damage a syncro, rather it would make it's job much easier and last much longer. Sure wish my Command Car had syncros...

As for Marines in Fallujah...Yeah, great OFF TOPIC story, (and rambling discussion) but Marines don't have Bradley Fighting Vehicles that I know of....(LAVS) Therefore the Army goes un-noticed again? Marines DO have a plethora of cameramen though, (I believe it was one per squad in WWII was the standing joke)
It's a JOINT War.... Stick to vehicle topic posts and please delete the original messages if reposting.....

W Winget
www.vmpa.us

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX