Re: [MV] HMMWV axle shafts

From: Sonny Heath (sonny@defuniak.com)
Date: Wed Nov 24 2004 - 06:51:31 PST

I'm trying to identify some parts for a HMMWV.

Can someone, anyone, please give me the federal stock numbers for the three
different axle shafts? L.F. , R.F. and the rear.

Also I have three stock numbers I would like to know what the part is:

2520-01-382-8728
2520-01-474-4012
2520-01-474-3901

Is there one stock number for a regular axle shaft on a HMMWV and then a
different stock number for a heavy duty axle shaft?

Are stock numbers the same for the same part for all HMMWV's throughout the
world?

Just so you know why I'm asking: I have some axle shafts that are supposed
to be for HMMWV's but the stock number on the supposedly original boxes they
are in does not match up to the stock numbers given for those parts in the
parts manual I have nor do they match up to stock numbers given on HMMWV
axle shafts being offered on Ebay.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sonny