basic M35 winch questions

From: Marc Strangfeld (mjstrangfeld@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 24 2004 - 22:42:48 PST

I finally decided to put a winch on the ole' girl.
I've located a whole assembly and won't install it
before spring but I do have a couple questions in the
mean time. I apologize if they have been asked too
many times already.

What is a realistic rating? 10,000 lbs. seems low.

What alloy is the aluminum shear pin?

Is the aluminum shear pin too soft or unnecessary?

What is a rough estimate of line speed in low and
high?

Is there a specific size/model of snatch block that is
typically used?

Does anyone have some good stories of how they used
theirs?

Thanks,

Marc