Re: [MV] Syncros and Marines

From: Steve & Jeannie Keith (cckw@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Nov 25 2004 - 09:01:33 PST

I have had a similiar experience with my CCKW cargo truck, in a city
no less...! Having to do this made me a believer in using the clutch!
Clutches are cheap compared to a tranny and much easier to fix.
I have driven this truck over 50,000 miles so I have 'some'
experience driving it...

I use the clutch all the time and double-clutch. There are too many
factors that affect shifting: idle speed, choke setting, tranny GO temp,
load, hill if any to cause me to want to play no-clutch.

Remember: Real men double-clutch....

Steve AKA Dr Deuce