Re: [MV] Will a M1008 CUCV Wheel FIT on a HMMWV?

From: Bob Ternes (racecadet@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Nov 27 2004 - 15:20:25 PST

Jim,

The wheel will bolt up. The HMMWV and CUCV both
use the standard 8 on 6.5" bolt pattern. The
Hummer wheels, however, have a very deep offset,
and so a CUCV wheel will probably ride far
outboard (well, a few inches) of where the stock
wheel would on a hummer. Also, the CUCV's use
16.5" wheels as well, right? I'm not sure on that
but they should be.

My knowledge of this is based on experience of
the wheels on their own, and although I've never
had them side by side, I've dealt with K20 and
K30 wheels (civvy Chevy trucks) as well as hummer
rims.

Cheers
Bob Ternes
2 sets of M35a2 axles, one on a rolling project
and one still under a deuce