M3A1 scout car serial numbers don't match

From: GOTaM35 (GOTaM35@joetrapp.com)
Date: Sat Nov 27 2004 - 20:20:47 PST

I took some pictures of a Scout car recently and was looking the pictures
over a few minutes ago and made a discovery. The picture of the dash plate
has a serial number. I took a picture of the serial number that is stamped
in the frame behind the left front tire. These two numbers don't match.
They are both 6 digit numbers but they only have the first number in common.
Is this right? Did someone take a dash plate from a junk car and put it on
this one? I found this to a be a little disturbing but then again I am
easily disturbed.

I have bought a new plate for mine and plan to put the number from the frame
on it. Is the right thing to do?

Just curious. But for all you M3A1 scout car people I have added a new
domain to my ........domain.

www.m3a1scoutcar.com

Not much there, but when I get a chance I hope to put link and contact info
so anybody with a decent long term memory can remember how to contact me,
FUTURE SCOUT CAR DRIVER.

Joe Trapp
www.joetrapp.com