Re: [MVlist] M38A1 - "Fender" Data Plate update

From: Jim Gilmore (jgilmore@ptd.net)
Date: Sun Nov 28 2004 - 09:52:41 PST

Greg wrote:
>Through the graciousness of another M38A1 owner, I now have photos with
>measurements showing where the Fender Data plate is located.........

  Just a note for those that might not know.........

   The plate on the rear fenderwell on the M-38 and M-38-A1 is the VIN number plate. That is, it is the Willys factory vehicle serial number plate and the number stamped there is the actual VIN # of the vehicle. This is the number that should be used when titling the vehicle.

Greg's web site shows the plate clearly and should make it easy for one to find where the plate is located.

Jim Gilmore