Re: [MV] Will a M1008 CUCV Wheel FIT on a HMMWV?

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Sun Nov 28 2004 - 18:19:48 PST

Hi Everyone...

Thanks for all your help! Yes, the CUCV M1008 pick up wheels will fit
the bolt pattern and will almost bolt down flat, but the center hole
in the wheel is about 1/16" too small to fit over the casting in the
center of the HMMWV hub.

Nevertheless, we snugged the lug nuts down and it went 3 miles or so
just fine to our destination.

The offset was not a problem.

Also for the record, the HMMWV uses a 16.5" wheel, while the M1008
uses a 16.0" wheel.

Thank you all!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter (378 CID) Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 CID Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See These Trucks at www.CUCV.NET Keyword Searching of 22,000 Electronic TMs at www.MILDOCS.com