Unimog inquiry

From: timothy.smith1@att.net
Date: Mon Nov 29 2004 - 23:00:50 PST

Folks,
Any of you list-ers out there have any practical experience with Unimogs? I'm needing a truck capable of pulling a trailer loaded with about 10,000#, (i.e. grossing about 15-16000#) safely at highway speeds, yet friendly enough that I can drive it around town without a trailer...and maybe take it out to the desert without getting into trouble..... Oh, and it has to be reliable too. I would prefer to acquire a former Mil-Veh and thought a Unimog just might be a suitable choice. True, there are loads of commercial vehicles out there but I'd like something just a tad less practical.
TJ