Re: [MV] What will they buy next?

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 19:41:27 PST

>As they explained existing radios were not available in quintiles great
>enough to supply the need, it was some over a year ago that this took place

Possibly the greater need is for communicating possible threats? Convoys
are speeding along at top speed quite frequently from what I gather. I'd
expect it to be a lot easier to stop a 45-55mph convoy quickly and safely
if the lead vehicle yelled into the radio to stop immediately instead of
just pounding the brakes and hoping that everybody behind him is wide
awake and eyes on the road.

Anybody on this list have recent convoy experience in Iraq? If so,
please contact me off list as I have a number of questions relating to
current convoy SOPs.

Thanks,

Steve