Re: [MV] MVs On Train Pics

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 07:30:05 PST

David and others,

>This, by the way, has nothing to do with the USRA, which nationalized
>America's railroads during the First World War. BTW, many of the nations
>experienced railroaders were drafted during WWII and assigned duty with
>the Army Transportation Corps, operating and repairing railroads
>overseas. Many examples of the unusual MVs operated by these GIs are on
>display at Ft. Eustis, VA.

I saw a History Channel show that covered the railroad rebuilding in
Europe after D-Day. Absolutely amazing stuff... yet another example of
why we won the war. Unfortunately, I saw this a long time ago and can't
remember if it was its own show or part of something else (like port
rebuilding, engineering, or something like that).

Steve