RE: [MV] Weapons Carrier on E-Bay Motors- Sacriledge

From: Horrocks, Aaron (ACHb@pge.com)
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 11:11:15 PST

That auction states the vehicle's current situation... It doesn't say that HE did the mods. That guy could have very well acquired the vehicle like that and is now selling it off. I think it's doubtful that he bought it 40 years ago directly from surplus and is the first owner other than the military.

Despite my M38A1 being 52 years old (well most of it anyhow) and myself being only 23, I've gotten crap from MV guys at meets, people on the street, and even emails. I'm not the guy that cut the tailgate out, converted the trailer hitch, smashed-in the front fenders, or replaced a number of the components with CJ5 stuff. That could have been done by the Civil Defense or the two other previous private owners.

My point? Military Vehicles like this one do change owners, have been around a long time in civilian hands, and frequently get modified. Don't just assume that guy ruined it.

Aaron Horrocks
ARG, CAA, Mopar Alley, & MVCC Member
1952 M38A1
1970 Plymouth