Re: [MV] What will they buy next?

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 11:24:42 PST

Cliff,

>Steve, as I have explained before............this isnt something we need
>to be talking about here in the open.  Or should I explain what we do
>when?.....or how we react to???  Or???? some other scenario that you
>would like the enemy to know...???

The enemy gets all the intel they need by watching our guys do what they
do every day of the week, not by looking at an email list dominated by
old farts and WWII jeeps and deuces. There is nothing anybody has said
here that is not known in a hundred other places, including OFFICIAL US
military sources (there are tons of Iraqi AARs and Lessons Learned
available to the public). Most current field manuals are available for
free download in PDF format from military websites, so it isn't like they
don't have access to the theoretical SOPs in any case.

I'm all for OPSEC, but when the information is not relevant to OPSEC, or
is already free floating in public sources, there is no reason to not
talk about it. It's not like I asked someone in Iraq to please identify
his unit, current location, next mission, route, and time table... THAT
would be a no-no.

As for my request for SOPs, I did ask for that information off list. And
why do I need it? Well... OPSEC applies to private corporations doing
work for the military too :-) I have official channels I can get this
information from, so no sweat if nobody responds to my request here.

Steve