Re: [MV] Digging a T-34

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 16:33:27 PST

--- Douglas Greville <dgrev@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> I should have put in the previous email "other than
> the D-10 or whatever
> it is". If you look closely at the pic of the
> bulldozer there appears to
> be something in front of it helping. Perhaps another
> one just like it?
>
> > Given how goopy the ground is, and the angle that
> T-34 is coming out of
> > the ground at, I would like to see what is doing
> the pulling! What ever
> > it is seems to be on the other side of the hill in
> the distance at the
> > end of some very long cables.
+++++++=
That is a tough situation but whoever set it up seems
to have been on the ball. The angle of the pull is
pulling the bulldozer into the hilltop, trying for all
they could get. It seems to me that they would need a
smaller, lighter machine to do brush work and move
those heavy cables, too. Also, to excavate near the
tank. There must not be any environmental laws in the
former USSR.

If that slop was like that in '42 they didn't even try
to save that tank, they had nothing big enough to pull
it out with.