Re: [MV] quick question on Deuce CI

From: Squirt_Truck (squirt_truck@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 03 2004 - 10:48:19 PST

Well....
I refer to LDx because that family of engines is the
LD, LDT,LDS and all the -1, -2, -1A, -1C, -1D
variants. All use the same basic design of a 478
cu.in engine that actually "displaces" 465 cu. in.
Please note that it is the same BASIC design, even
though many parts will swap you can not just swap
parts and make an LDT-465-1C out of an LD-465 or take
a LDT-465-1C and make an LDS-465-1A, or at least not
for very long.........

L...Liquid Cooled
D...Diesel, or Direct injection (memory fails on this)
T...Turbocharged
S...Supercharged (no difference actually only in boost
pressures)
465...Block designation
Other numbers refer to turbos, injector
configurations, cam profiles, injector pump
variations, rated power, etc.

Hope this helps

Squirt_Truck
--- "Bruce C. Beattie" <bruce@eecs.berkeley.edu>