UH-1, HUEY, helicopters:

From: Terry Lane (tlane@mobynet.com)
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 06:46:21 PST

I was picking up some 'junk' at Travis AFB )Ca.) last summer when I
noticed a 'complete', down to all the gauges etc. bullet hole patches
etc in the sheet metal sitting there on the tarmac.(Hadn't been operated
in 15+ years) It got a little of the juices flowing since I am Ex
Army--1970-1976. It was all there, and had seen plenty of action. The
holes looked like AK47 holes, .30 cal +-.
  I asked Wayne about it and it was going to be auctioned by GL and then
it was purchased outright by a local NG for $1.00 to be displayed in
front of their NG building on a platform. I had all kinds of thoughts of
how it would be a nice fixer/upper!!! But then I got 'rational' and
stuck to my M105A2's, commo gear, Mog stuff M35's, etc. Like the M35A3
that just sold, bidders must have been puffin the cheva,to go nuttso
like that. There are M923's around for 1/5 the price!!!!!!

My 2cents worth,
terry lane
3 M105A2 trailers,
M923 gone (I miss it, a nice truck)
M35A2 gone (sold to Viet Vets association for a parade truck at a cheap
price unappreciated, and I will never deal with those guys
again!!!!)(They want a .50 cal/and mount,etc.told them good luck)
4-sale---S250 commo MT shelter--$400
         S280 early type on trailer, 'neat'--$950.