Re: [MV] Train Pics-war contribution

From: Patrick Jankowiak (recycler@swbell.net)
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 07:53:55 PST

One such guy I visited, while he was too young to call me
'sonny', was just like that. I was in the market for an M109 shop
van. Claimed he needed to sell some of his MV's cause he needed
money to pay taxes, and showed me to a couple of m109's. Wanted
$7500 for one with several parts missing, but offered to make it
up by letting me pull parts off other vehicles and build it back
up. Of course nothing much was said about how you could look
under the van body and see the rotted floorboards through holes
in the steel bed. So I would have had to install the alternator,
belts, hood, etc. and a bunch of little stuff, and then find
batteries do PM on it before even trying to start it, and then
install a seat, and then not be able to check it out properly
since I could not drive it out on the road 'because the sherrif
would get me'.

I managed to stroll around and see all the trucks and trailers,
and there were some interesting ones there, like expansible vans
and a water purification plant, but left with nothing, it was all
way overpriced. I think for $7500 my buddy could drive me 1500
miles to Joe Young's place I could drive a perfect M109 home,
fuel and all!

One thing is corect, however, they are his trucks and he can dang
well do exactly as he pleases. I have no hard feelings, I just
don't pay those rube/city slicker prices.

by the way, check out the FORD M35:
http://adcache.trucktraderonline.com/4/3/9/77048339.htm

--

Best regards,