RE: [MV] Air Strike In Falujah NO MV but WAY cool

From: Ziptar.mil-veh-list@ziptar.com
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 08:30:02 PST

OH DUDE! :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Boos [mailto:acfarer@cox.net]
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2004 7:42 PM
To: Military Vehicles Mailing List
Subject: [MV] Air Strike In Falujah NO MV but WAY cool

This is graphic footage.

Some Marines were pinned down in a building in a Fallujah neighborhood.
Terrorists throughout the city heard about it and were rushing to the area
to try and take the Marines out. The Marines called in air support and the
first responders were Air Force F-16's. This video shows a group of
guerrillas rounding a corner onto the street leading to the Marines. The
F-16's altitude appears in the upper right corner. In the lower right corner
is the countdown until the bombs impact. The crosshairs in the middle
indicate where the pilot is directing the laser spot to guide the bombs. The
number just to the right of the crosshairs is the length of one of the arms
of the crosshairs on the ground in meters. The bombs are two 500lb laser
guided bombs. Anyone standing unprotected within a quarter mile of their
impact is killed instantly. The total casualty count from this one strike
was 48.

Copy the link below and paste it in your browser window. Let me know if this
does not load and I will send it to you off list.
Jonathan

www.members.cox.net/acfarer/FALUJAH.wmv

===Mil-Veh is a member-supported mailing list=== To unsubscribe, send e-mail
to: <mil-veh-off@mil-veh.org> To switch to the DIGEST mode, send e-mail to
<mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org> To reach a human, contact <ack@mil-veh.org>