Re: [MV] Radio equip question m-1008

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 11:12:00 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chief Richard L Hileman II" <chief@cermak.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2004 7:38 AM
Subject: [MV] Radio equip question m-1008

> We just bought a m-1008 through LESO. I think it is an 85.
> Had two questions:

> First: there is a radio set up I guess in the bed. It has a shelving unit

Yes. Many of the racks were left in when the vehicles were turned in, along
with the power junction boxes. The boxes were modified for that power plug
you see on, I think, the pass side of the bed inside wall. I have one of
those at work, and saw quite a few more at Dr.MO and GSA. I have the manual
for the Power Distribution Box (Chapter 1: Plug in and Go. The End.), but
nothing on the truck configuration itself. Most of the ones I've seen at
sales seem to have come from Aviation units, so they could possibly have had
the same sort of FAC setup I've seen in the Humvees (GRC-206 or newer
maybe -- see http://www.columbiaelectronics.com/multi_band_radio_sets.htm
for a pic.)

> Second: On the truck we got the gov paid around 31K for this one
> while some of the others the gov paid 15k for. (Acquisition price)
> What is the difference? They all are 1 ¼ ton right?

Same truck. I think the difference in pricetag just reflects the extra
radio kit, and/or different contract (if there was in fact more than the
one - dunno.) If the DRMO sticker is still there and you can read the NSN
number (2320-00-blah-blah), see if it comes back to the generic "TRK CUCV
UTILITY" name or something more interesting.