Re: [MV] Pinz vs Mog vs Valp

From: David Dunn (dunn_d@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun Dec 05 2004 - 17:40:54 PST

Kenny

You need to decide the size vehicle you want before comparing them. The Mog
and SUMB are basically the same size truck, and fit up a trail that needs to
be wide enough for a US full size truck ( not that they will always make it
;)

In the past 4 years I've had 3 different Pinzes , 710M (4x4 soft top), 712M
( 6x6 soft top) , and currently a 716K ( a TD hardtop that I've converted to
a soft-top). The most capable model that is available in the US is the 712M
( air cooled gas 6x6 soft-top). The 712K (6x6 hardtop) are a lot rarer, and
not as desirable for off road due to the extra weight of the hardtop, and
slower on road because of the extra weight against the 2.5l engine. The
ambulance models are nothing more than a box bolted to the standard soft top
platforms.

Overall dim (including spare tire) for the Pinz (4x4) 69" x 165", (6x6)
69"x 195" . They are rated for 1 ton and 1.5 ton payload respectively.

I have not experience with the Volvos, but if I remember right, the
Valplander is a older model, and I think the newer models are the C-303 (
4x4) or the C-304 ( 6x6).

Here is a forum for the Pinz and Volvos ....but be fore warned, like any
group, they're prejudiced towards their vehicle...;)
http://real4x4forums.com/PinzgauerBBS/index.php

Dave Dunn
Pinzgauer 716
Haflinger 700AP