Re: [MV] .50 = DD? was: [MV] Ammo Cans and Fifties

From: Patrick Jankowiak (recycler@swbell.net)
Date: Sun Dec 05 2004 - 21:35:20 PST

Thanks for the clarification on that. I certainly don't 'need' a
full auto or a .50, but I see no reason to pay a ridiculous
$5000-7000 for a semi. I like me big guns cheap!

well.. I guess it's the hellfire triggers for the rest of us..

And here's the stupid gun trick of the week:

Grasp and support your semi-auto rifle with left hand by the
front stock, and let the rear rest on your right arm, trigger
finger very rigidly hooked, touching the trigger. pull forward on
the rifle with your left arm, until the trigger is operated by
the rigid digit. With practice, the recoil will jerk the weapon
back far enough to move the trigger back off the rigid digit, and
the forward pull (which you are constantly applying with the left
hand) will, when the recoil ends, pull the gun forward and pop
off the next shot, and the next... kind of cycling it, eh? Works
best with a slick polished wood stock and a wool sweater sleeve
and right hand glove to eliminate friction as the weapon slides
back and forth an inch or so. By the way, the aim is terrible,
don't do this because, standard disclaimers, it is stupid and
dangerous. You can empty a 5-round mini-14 magazine in less than
a second though, and certainly make people wonder.

Patrick