Re: [MV] Civilian Built MV

From: Patrick Jankowiak (recycler@swbell.net)
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 17:04:10 PST

Ok,

for starters, take an International or similar 24' bobtail truck
chassis and cab, cut it down to make for a 10' bed or to your
linkng. add a transfer case and driven front axle. Short, but
very stout truck. Or just order the soccer-mom SUV model and go
from there.

It will be long enough to accomodate the transfer etc, so also
remove one of the 75GAL fuel tanks and mount an 8KW diesek genset
under the cab/bed on that side.

instead of the dually 1100x22.5 size tires, use 12.5x20 mudders
or similar for higher clearance.

Should be diesel because you can get fuel from the military.

If that's too big, what about a modded crew cab F350 or f450 or
similar dodge etc?

anyway key features would be

selectable all wheel drive
auto trans.
12" or better clearance
1.5 ton offroad capacity
separate generator for 120/240v
diesel
air conditioning
NBC
space behind driver and co-driver for remote gun mount and station

--

Best regards,

Patrick