Re: Civillian built FV

From: Jack (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 18:02:29 PST

Continuing on this thread....

As an armor suggestion, we tried soft body armor
(kevlar, about 60 layers)on the floor in our aircraft
and we had some light, thin ceramic panels on the
sides, didn't cover much, more for psychological
reasons.

Never took a hit in either, however, we did get a
strafing once, 3 holes in the rear of the fuselage
from what looked like a 7.62, so whatever armor you
can muster in a vehicle is probably always a good
idea.

I always appreciated vehicles with armor.