Re: [MV] Civilian Built MV

From: Julian Burke (julian@knology.net)
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 18:01:30 PST

Statements like this??????

Adam Suess said:

>" I'm no HMMWV expert but from what I've been told by frinds that work with
>them the first thing to do would be to throw out the 6.5 diesel and install
>a reliable diesel. Apparently there very under powered and unreliable. I'm
>also told much of the HMMWV is not strong enuff."

There are over 350,000 Humvees in the military/gov't system. They are in
Iraq DOING THEIR JOB. They are everywhere else doing thier job. There are
countless bread trucks with them doing their job. FedEx trucks use them and
they do their jobs every day. I drive a 6.5 Turbo daily with 225,000 miles
and never saw a wrench. We're all very happy with ours but I think what
needs to be taken out and thrown away is the person who comes up with this
CRAP!!!! The 6.5 diesel is the largest produced, most commercially
available and most reliable engine ever built in its' class-PERIOD. They are
also the lowest price in their class also. Julian Burke