Re: [MV] Improvised armor for MV in Iraq

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Thu Dec 09 2004 - 08:59:11 PST

Many of them use a cell phone wired as the detonator-trigger. They can be
triggered from downtown Cleveland, by simply calling the cell #. It would be
rather difficult to find the caller.

The Isreali product, previously mentioned, is a low-power transmitter that
sends a carrier on the two major control frequencies, thereby effectively
not allowing any cell phone to be able to "find" the nearest cell, nor allow
the cell ti find the telephone. The product therefore, is a "blocker" rather
than a "jammer".

http://www.netline.co.il/VHP.htm

I was a dealer of these blockers, until I got a tersely-worded "request"
from our beloved government to cease and desist selling them. The FCC says
that not even other branches of the federal government such as the FBI, CIA,
DoD, are allowed to have them. There is an $11,000 fine just for possessing
one.

apb