Re: [MV] ebay....more tricks.

From: Bill (bill@welovenh.com)
Date: Thu Dec 09 2004 - 14:04:18 PST

MV related.

I bought a part for my MV through ebay. Used PayPal to pay the buyer.
The package showed up empty. I do not know whether the seller tried to
screw me or the contents was lost by the PO. Regardless the seller will
not do anything and the Post Office says they are not responsible for
the sellers mispackaging of the product. (No contents were damaged as
there were no contents)

I then tried to file a claim under PayPal (an Ebay subsidiary) buyer
protection...using the the catagory that the "package received - no
contents". After 20 days this was PayPals reply.

(contact info removed to protect the guilty)

Transaction Date: Oct. xx, 2004 Transaction Amount: -$xxx.xx USD Case
Number: xxxxxxxxxx Seller's Name: ?????????? Seller's Email:

In order to continue this investigation, a police report must be filed
with your local police authority and a copy of that report must be faxed
to PayPal within 10 calendar days.

If a police report is not received, the investigation will end and the
claim will be closed.

Use the link below for the fax number and the bar-coded fax cover sheet.
You may need to log in before accessing the following page:

<snip>

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
Protection Services Department

Huh????? I called a local Police Officer in town that I know and
explained the situation. He told me that they would not do a Police
report as the crime did not occur in town.

So PayPal/Ebay has now found a new way to get out of covering stuff
under their "Buyer Protection" plan.

Just figured I pass this along to others so they don't get equally
screwed buying MV parts.

Any Lawyers out there need Class action work?

--
..."A good plan executed violently today is better than a perfect plan
executed at some indefinite time in the future.  General George S.

Any ship can be a minesweeper . . . . once.