Re: [MV] Civilian Built MV

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 11 2004 - 06:30:05 PST

I have plans (distant) to build a similar truck to the ones John Tennis is
building. I have the entire rear suspension out of the M146 trailer I just
bought and its really neat. It has floating leaves and control arms. My 2 big
differences is that mine will have duals in the back with 11.00X20 tires and i'm
cutting down a deuce bed and top to 9'. It will resemble the WW2 ton and a half
chevy. The deuce bed had 5 pockets along the side and removing exactly 3'
will put it at 4 pockets. It should have a very balanced look. Spare tire can
still be in place and the pioneer tool rack too! I may relocate both to the bed
and add a second fuel tank. I haven't checked to see where the rear height will
be but if it's too high I may raise the front a bit. Lots of thought but I'll
not be starting this until my pipeline truck is up & running.