Re: [MV] Female Gender

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Sat Dec 11 2004 - 08:38:52 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sonny Heath" <sonny@defuniak.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 11, 2004 6:04 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] Female Gender

> There are several women in this hobby in my general area. The Mississippi
> Coast Watchers president is a woman.
>
> I know several women and daughters who work and participate very hard
right
> along beside the men. Now they could be hopeful heirs of certain things,
> I'm not sure what may be motivating them. lol

We have exactly three who are into the hobby in my immediate area, with one
a member of an adjacent chapter, and two married to fellow collectors within
our own chapter (one couple of whom met as a result of their involvement in
our local mil-veh collectors scene.)

The rest of the Jeep Widows seem to be split into groups featuring open
hostility, uneasy ceasefire, or eager membership in what I like to call the
Mutual Assistance Program. That latter option seems the best for all
concerned, as under the aegis of the program you can buy whatever you want
in pursuit of the Hobby provided you're willing to spend an equivalent
amount on something Martha Stewart; i.e., if you buy that $8500.00 Sexton
hull or $45,000.00 Jeep Prototype, the second cheque in your chequebook buys
the wife a bunch of landscaping or a new deck or some new appliances or
three weeks in Tortuga to the tune of the same amount. I know of a few
such arrangements which have probably proven the solitary finger in the
bursting divorce-dyke, and it seems to work out well for everybody - other
than, well - every time you're looking through Supply Line or Military
Vehicles you can mentally double the price of everything you see. Ow.