RE: [MV] ebay..Mail Fraud

From: Ziptar.mil-veh-list@ziptar.com
Date: Sun Dec 12 2004 - 03:35:07 PST

I already exists we just need to use it.

There is something like that already that got it's start for buying,
selling, trading computer parts online with regular joe's that aren't
companies. It's been in the making for years and started from a loose group
of people helping each other out to a more formal system that has been
widely accepted and required on trading boards. It has worked out well and
the community has become self policing.

The first is a website called a heatware http://www.heatware.com/. Buyers,
sellers, and traders can leave references for each other much like ebay's
feedback system. For instance my heat rating
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=2946 . It has become widley accepted on
many of the for sale/trade boards I subscribe to, with many moderators
requiring that someone display their heat ranking when looking to buy, sell,
or trade.

There is a second site http://www.trollhunters.com/ for people to go to when
they get ripped off or suspect they are about to be ripped off. They offer
trading advice, maintain a traders to avoid list, and assist in getting
deals done, or tracking down and getting frauds brought to justice. I have
seen many posts where someone in or near a town where a troll lives will
stop and pay a visit and that alone is enough to get a guy to come clean.
Often times it turns out to be a 14 year old kid and when his parents answer
the door and speak to the visitor. Well lets say.. It's enough.. I have also
seen where locals will help work with the cops and courts and seen a few
scammmers tried and charged.

There is also a website for ranking companies to.
http://www.resellerratings.com/ customers can rate businesses they buy from
and see comments made by other BEFORE buying. On the boards I subscribe to
if a company gets a low ranking it's the kiss of death.For instance look at
justdeals http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1685.html lifetime ranking of
4.28 which is pretty low. I have purchased a motherboard and two sets of
speakers from justdels and never had a problem.

Just to show no one is perfect Dell has a 4.28 lifetime ranking.

I do most of my new computer parts buying from newegg, they are excellent
and have a lifetime ranking of 9.61.

Now the nice part about all of this is the profiles on heatware and reseller
ratings are all created and maintained by the users and they don't have to
be computer related. There are profiles for many different companies on
resellerratings.com
For instance, NAPA Online has a profile, there are shoe stores, etc.

So it's already all in place for us to take advantage of it, we just need to
start using it. We can adopt heatware for trading with each other here and
also leave reseller ratings for the companies we deal with. This is much
more effective than posting "Beware of so and so" emails here that only last
a couple of days, are archived and not easily searchable.

Just a thought....