Re: [MV] Lunette diameter

From: Sonny Heath (sonny@defuniak.com)
Date: Sun Dec 12 2004 - 08:04:41 PST

I have a situation I need help with.

I have bought a lubrication service unit which is mounted on a two ton
trailer and am preparing to go 950 miles to fetch it. My question: Is the
size of the lunette on this two ton trailer the same as it is on a one and a
half ton trailer like an M105A2?

The pintle hook that I have on my civvy Dodge will fit on the one and a half
ton trailer but I hate to go that far without a flatbed trailer only to
learn that the lunette is too big to accept my hook.

My question referrs to the diameter of the round lunette that attaches to
the pintle hook.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Sonny Heath