Re: [MV] [MV's] tax deductions

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sun Dec 12 2004 - 08:26:22 PST

>Nah, not really Lar. A jeep used on a farm or ranch
>is a no brainer deduction or so I'm told by our
>professional tax accountant and he verified it with
>the IRS.

You probably can do it safely, especially since the only way to get
busted is through an audit which is highly unlikely to ever happen unless
you've done something else suspicious. What I'd do, if I were you, is to
see for yourself what it takes to qualify for an exemption. Then you can
evaluate whether or not you you can cover your butt in the event of an
audit (as unlikely as that is). Like my home office example, it's a "no
brainer" that you can write off an area of your home as a business
expense if you conduct business in that space... but there are
limitations that if not adhered to nix the writeoff.

Steve