Re: [MV] Military Justice?

From: Mil-Veh Co. (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 08:53:46 PST

The operation was cleared by a female reserve Major
who was under the unfortunately and mistaken belief
that the non-op vehicles abandoned in the Kuwait
wrecking yard were there to be used by other units for
parts to complete their mission in Iraq.

Major faces jail time too. Sadly, it was an unfamiliar
sitatuation, chaos of units moving out, rush to
complete mission, poor communication and lots of
misunderstandings occured, which is not an excuse to
the Army...thus jail time.

In an early incident an officer who led his unit into
an ambush because he twice failed to read the map
correctly, despite the pleas of his 1st Sgt. got a
medal. His Sgt. was KIA since he ordered to bring up
the rear, lead vehicle and first to escape was the
officer's.