Re: [MV] Another CUCV glow plug story

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Sat Dec 18 2004 - 11:22:53 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Maynard" <mike@wesleyscott.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 18, 2004 7:49 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] Another CUCV glow plug story

> The other thing he learned we have applied many many times on various
things
> since, the mechanic up there told us to use Pure Silicone Spray as a
> starting fluid.

Hmm. I'll have to try that one. If I have to do an ether start on something
with not enough working plugs I disconnect the GP system first (yank the
card on the CUCV usually) and then use just a whiff of ether. It still
starts nastily (i.e. seems to detonate well before TDC.) It'd be nicer to
have a kindler, gentler "start goddamit or else" option tucked away under
the driver's seat.