Torque converter ??? M1009

From: chriscase (chriscase@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sat Dec 18 2004 - 18:53:39 PST

I finally got around to doing a stall speed test on my Blazer. Minimum
should be 850 rpm (full throttle,in gear, brakes locked). Mine idles in
gear at 620 rpm. When given full throttle speed ACTUALLY DROPS TO 550 RPM .
Sounds like horsepower, yet parking brake holds it. No smoke. Tranny
cooler lines immediatly get too hot to handle. Engine runs reasonably at
freeway speeds, has no oomph down low. There is none of that famous diesel
low end torque. 16mpg commuting but Mileage sucks worse around town, where
you use the low end . 80,000 miles on it, I bought it direct from GL.
Tommorrow I'll cobble up a tranny jack and slide underneath...