Re: CUCV Problems

From: m35a1@juno.com
Date: Sat Dec 18 2004 - 19:36:38 PST

All this talk about 6.2 diesels not starting has been helpful as mine has
been giving me similar grief: try to start it but it won't light up.
Fires on a shot of ether but won't run. If I pull the top of the injector
pump off it will start after a few cranks, then put the top back on and
it will run (it's not the shut-off solenoid, been thru that). If I start
it every day it's okay but if it sits for more than 3 days, same story.
Also, when I depress the accelerator it doesn't take off right away; as I
press further it will suddenly pick up speed. Last, when driving if I
suddenly take my foot off the accelerator it will die, then come back to
life after a few seconds.
Many have offered that it is the fuel pressure switch. Sounds like a dumb
question, but where is it?
Thanx